ABOUT DAVID GRIGGS
David Griggs, a seasoned human resources professional, provides over 30 years of broad human resources experience and leadership to clients. His ability to work with people of all levels and his human resources experience allows him to develop practical solutions to issues that bridge organizational levels and interests.
David possesses a unique skill set that blends the ability to provide both tactical human resources support and guidance on strategic human resources and business issues. David worked for over 17 years as a global senior human resources manager for a Fortune 100 consumer goods manufacturing company in both the manufacturing and product development environments before working as an independent consultant.
Key Areas of Career Expertise and Accomplishments
As a human resources leader for a global product development function, David provided leadership in staffing of technical and professional employees, talent pool management and succession planning, employee development and performance management, training program development and delivery, employee engagement, diversity, organizational restructuring and mergers/acquisitions.
As a human resources consultant, he has worked with both Fortune 100 companies and small, family owned businesses on issues ranging from employee relations, Human Resources compliance, large training projects, motivation and accountability issues to business processes improvement and as a coach to executives and high-potential employees.
Education, Certifications, Memberships
• Purdue University, Master of Science in Human Resources Management
• Western Kentucky University, Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
• Kentucky Wesleyan College, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
• Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), Society for Human Resource Management
• Certified in the Forte Communication Style Assessment System, The Forte Institute
Member of the following organizations:
• Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
• Middle Tennessee chapter, Society for Human Resource Management (MT-SHRM)